London Borough of Redbridge (LBR)
Client: London Borough of Redbridge (LBR)
LBR has been allocated funding through the London Mayor to deliver affordable housing and the applications are to deliver new affordable housing throughout the Borough. KEW Planning has been instructed on phase 2 for the following projects:
- Budoch Court – single storey roof extensions and the erection of a 4 storey block to provide a mix of 20 units.
- Suffolk Court – single storey roof extensions and the erection of a 4no. infill blocks to deliver a mix of 60 units.
- Heathcote Court & Glade Court – erection of 33 new units with associated landscaping and car parking.
- Little Gearies – demolition of existing garages and the erection of 103 new residential units in the form of new blocks.
KEW Planning provided consultancy advice acting as the planning officer determining 4no. planning applications through a Planning Performance Agreement (PPA), to provide dedicated resources to help meet the key milestones in an efficient and expert way. The programme is extremely virtual with all developments to commence on site in March 2021 to secure the allocated grant funding. Full service includes:
- Pre-application meetings
- Design Workshops
- Design Review Panel presentations and meetings
- Members briefings
- Site inspections
- Weekly progress meetings
- Review of planning application documents
- Post submission meetings with design team for feedback on applications
- Liaison and feedback from statutory consultees
- Approval of validation of applications and assistance with consultation areas.
- Committee report preparation.
- Committee presentation.
All 4 applications were approved at 20th January and 27th January 2021 Planning Committee.
“We have been extremely pleased with the swift responses, advice and professional service that we have received from KEW Planning. This has greatly assisted with the delivery of the applications.” Brett Leahy, Head of Planning & Building Control London Borough of Redbridge